INVESTING IN MAURITIUS
Mauritius is strategically located and easily accessible, at the crossroads between Africa, Asia and Australia. Despite few natural resources, it is one of the most successful economies in Africa, with the highest GDP per capita. Renowned on the international real estate market as a land of valuable opportunities, it is a place of convergence for sound investments and serene living.
As a result of its political and economic stability; a highly literate, skilled and bilingual work force; excellent infrastructure and freeport; a sound financial services sector and a light fiscal regime, the island has become an attractive destination for foreign investors.
INCENTIVES FOR INVESTORS
Mauritius offers investors the valuable financial incentives:
- Double taxation agreements (DTAs) with more than 30 countries
- Tax holidays and tax-free dividends
- Zero exchange control
- Only 15% corporate and personal tax rate
- Free repatriation of capital and profit
- No wealth tax
As a result of securing a number of international trade agreements, Mauritius also enjoys preferential access to major markets:
- European Union — through the Cotonou Agreement
- USA — through the Africa Growth & Opportunity Act
- Eastern Africa and Southern Africa — through COMESA and SADEC