Strategically located in the South West of the Indian Ocean, about 2000 km off the East coast of Africa, Mauritius is naturally positioned as an international business hub, especially for import-export activities. Spread over 24 hectares of land, Mon Trésor Trade Port & Freeport Park is a key asset for operators as it is only 500 m from the cargo area of Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport (SSR).
Mauritius, having signed a number of trade agreements over the years, enjoys preferential access to key markets, namely:
- Southern African countries via COMESA (Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa) and SADC (Southern African Development Community)
- USA via AGOA (African Growth & Opportunity Act)
- The European Union via iEPA (Interim Economic Partnership Agreement)
- Turkey via FTA (Free Trade Agreement)
- Pakistan via PTA (Preferential Trade Agreement)
The country is also served by several airlines operating about 40 international flights per week. The proximity of the freeport to the airport brings real added value, facilitating the collection, mounting, storage, processing, packing and loading of goods.
If your company operates in one of the following industries, then Mon Trésor Trade Port & Freeport Park is the ideal place to store your goods. No need to worry about any shortage of space!
- Freight forwarding
- Pharmaceutical and bio
- Light industrial
- Jewellery / precious stones processing
- Warehousing and storage
Moreover, the Government of Mauritius offers a great number of incentives to Freeport Operators including:
- Efficient customs clearing process
- Duty and VAT exemptions for goods and equipment imported into the Freeport zone
- 3% corporate tax
- 100% foreign ownership
- Free repatriation of profits
- Reduced port handling charges
Now, all you have to do is set up your freeport activity next to the international airport and take full advantage of the many facilities Mon Trésor Trade Port & Freeport Park has to offer.
Learn more by visiting the following link : http://businessgateway.montresor.mu/freeport-park or call on +230 660 0500.